AWS Certified Developer - Associate
The AWS Certified Developer Associate is one of the three associate-level certifications offered by Amazon-Web Services.This is intended for individuals who perform a Developer role.
Want to learn how to architect and build applications on AWS?
New Batch Starting In
1.1 Deploy written code in AWS using existing CI/CD pipelines, processes, and patterns.
* Commit code to a repository and invoke build, test and/or deployment actions
* Use labels and branches for version and release management
* Use AWS CodePipeline to orchestrate workflows against different environments
* Apply AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeStar, and AWS
CodeDeploy for CI/CD purposes
* Perform a roll back plan based on application deployment policy
1.2 Deploy applications using AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
* Utilize existing supported environments to define a new application stack
* Package the application
* Introduce a new application version into the Elastic Beanstalk environment
* Utilize a deployment policy to deploy an application version (i.e., all at once, rolling, rolling with
* Validate application health using Elastic Beanstalk dashboard
* Use Amazon CloudWatch Logs to instrument application logging
1.3 Prepare the application deployment package to be deployed to AWS.
* Manage the dependencies of the code module (like environment variables, config files and
static image files) within the package
* Outline the package/container directory structure and organize files appropriately
* Translate application resource requirements to AWS infrastructure parameters (e.g., memory,cores)
1.4 Deploy serverless applications.
* Given a use case, implement and launch an AWS Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM)
* Manage environments in individual AWS services (e.g., Differentiate between Development,
Test, and Production in Amazon API Gateway)
2.1 Make authenticated calls to AWS services.
* Communicate required policy based on least privileges required by application.
* Assume an IAM role to access a service
* Use the software development kit (SDK) credential provider on-premises or in the cloud to
access AWS services (local credentials vs. instance roles)
2.2 Implement encryption using AWS services.
* Encrypt data at rest (client side; server side; envelope encryption) using AWS services
* Encrypt data in transit
2.3 Implement application authentication and authorization.
* Add user sign-up and sign-in functionality for applications with Amazon Cognito identity or
* Use Amazon Cognito-provided credentials to write code that access AWS services.
* Use Amazon Cognito sync to synchronize user profiles and data
* Use developer-authenticated identities to interact between end user devices, backend
authentication, and Amazon Cognito
3.1 Write code for serverless applications.
* Compare and contrast server-based vs. serverless model (e.g., micro services, stateless nature
of serverless applications, scaling serverless applications, and decoupling layers of serverless
* Configure AWS Lambda functions by defining environment variables and parameters (e.g.,
memory, time out, runtime, handler)
* Create an API endpoint using Amazon API Gateway
* Create and test appropriate API actions like GET, POST using the API endpoint
* Apply Amazon DynamoDB concepts (e.g., tables, items, and attributes)
* Compute read/write capacity units for Amazon DynamoDB based on application requirements
* Associate an AWS Lambda function with an AWS event source (e.g., Amazon API Gateway,
Amazon CloudWatch event, Amazon S3 events, Amazon Kinesis)
* Invoke an AWS Lambda function synchronously and asynchronously
3.2 Translate functional requirements into application design.
* Determine real-time vs. batch processing for a given use case
* Determine use of synchronous vs. asynchronous for a given use case
* Determine use of event vs. schedule/poll for a given use case
* Account for tradeoffs for consistency models in an application design
3.3 Implement application design into application code.
* Write code to utilize messaging services (e.g., SQS, SNS)
* Use Amazon ElastiCache to create a database cache
* Use Amazon DynamoDB to index objects in Amazon S3
* Write a stateless AWS Lambda function
* Write a web application with stateless web servers (Externalize state)
3.4 Write code that interacts with AWS services by using APIs, SDKs, and AWS CLI.
* Choose the appropriate APIs, software development kits (SDKs), and CLI commands for the
* Write resilient code that deals with failures or exceptions (i.e., retries with exponential back off
4.1 Optimize applications to best use AWS services and features.
* Implement AWS caching services to optimize performance (e.g., Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon
API Gateway cache)
* Apply an Amazon S3 naming scheme for optimal read performance
4.2 Migrate existing application code to run on AWS.
* Isolate dependencies
* Run the application as one or more stateless processes
* Develop in order to enable horizontal scalability
* Externalize stat
5.1 Write code that can be monitored.
* Create custom Amazon CloudWatch metrics
* Perform logging in a manner available to systems operators
* Instrument application source code to enable tracing in AWS X-Ray
5.2 Perform root cause analysis on faults found in testing or production.
* Interpret the outputs from the logging mechanism in AWS to identify errors in logs
* Check build and testing history in AWS services (e.g., AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS
CodePipeline) to identify issues
* Utilize AWS services (e.g., Amazon CloudWatch, VPC Flow Logs, and AWS X-Ray) to locate a
specific faulty component
Instructor -led Training Live Online Class
22nd January 2023
The AWS Certified Developer Associate is one of the three associate-level certifications offered by Amazon-Web Services to test an individual’s ability to successfully demonstrate developing and maintaining within the AWS platform. Intended for individuals already in a development role, AWS recommends having at least one or more years of hands-on experience in order to be able to pass this exam and become certified. The main requisite of this certification is to have a good understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices.
Yes, even if you are a non-technical person or fresher, you can become an AWS Developer. As there is no prerequisite for the AWS Certified Developer Associate exam, you just need to gather the recommended AWS knowledge and gain some experience of working on the AWS platform. You can get hands-on with AWS by using AWS free tier account and validate your skills with the AWS Certified Developer Associate exam to become an AWS Certified Developer.
Yes, we provide a course completion certificate for online training courses issued by NetXperts.
No, There are no prerequisites for learning this training
AWS Certified Developer-Associate certification comes with the validity of three years from the date certified. You need to recertify to maintain your certification status.
You can cancel or reschedule your exam up to 24 hours before your scheduled appointment without additional fees.
To reschedule or cancel your exam, go to your AWS Certification Account and click either the “Manage PSI Exams” or “Manage Pearson VUE exams” button.
AWS Certified Developer – Associate is intended for anyone with one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining an AWS-based application. Before you take this exam, we recommend you have:
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses of the services, and basic AWS architecture best practices, including the AWS Shared Responsibility Model, application lifecycle management, and the use of containers in the development process
- Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS and writing code for serverless applications
- Ability to identify key features of AWS services and use the AWS service APIs, AWS CLI, and SDKs to write applications
- Ability to apply a basic understanding of cloud-native applications to write code
- Ability to author, maintain, and debug code modules on AWS
If you have any queries or concerns with any of your real-time projects at your workplace, we will help you with the answers for the same however you need to implement it on your own you can contact us sharing the details to our Support Email – [email protected].
- Step 1: Visit the AWS Training and Certification
- Step 2: Select the desired certificate from the available list i.e. DVA-C01
- Step 2: Select the schedule with Pearson VUE as PSI only offers an exam on the test centre.
- Step 3: Select the exam mode home or Test centre.
- Step 4: Agree upon the Terms and Condition
- Step 5: Select Date, time and confirm with the payment method